Art Contest Info
Here is a page you can check out with information about upcoming art contest. I encourage students to read all of the directions with mom or dad, so you can have the best chance for winning! If the directions say you need an entry form, please come see Ms. Cunningham at school. Please make sure you plan enough time to get your entry in the mail or posted online. Let me know if you need help or ideas. Students in grades 3, 4, and 5, can earn an “E” for their art grade, by entering one of these contests, as long as they show me their work, BEFORE they turn it in. For recent examples of great student art contest entries click here.
1. Doodle 4 Google
You know how Google.com shows a different image of the word Google everyday? Well you can enter this contest to get the chance to design the logo for the day! The theme this year is TBA. Click on the link below and read the entry info and get creative! Make sure to show Ms. Cunningham your entry before you submit it, so you can earn an E!
Entries due to Google by TBA.
Winners will be on Google on…! Good Luck!
2. Georgia Associations for Pupil Transportation:
2014 Georgia School Bus Safety Poster Contest
Who May Enter:
Any student, grades K-8, enrolled in a Georgia public school.
Division #1: Grades K-2
Division #2: Grades 3-5
Division #3: Grades 6-8
Division #4: Special Education
· Completed poster size must be 11”X17” or 12"X18".
· There must be a 3" x 5" card/entry blank securely fastened to the back of the poster which includes the
student's name, grade, age, teacher’s name, school name and school address. Please print clearly.
· Posters may be illustrated on the vertical or horizontal axis. Do NOT roll posters.
· They must be mailed/delivered flat.
· Designs should be submitted on quality tag, poster illustration board or heavy paper.
· Lamination is not permitted, and will disqualify the poster. Cut paper/stencils (freehand or predrawn
stick-on stencils) are not permitted and will disqualify the poster.
· There is no limitation on the use and number of colors.
· There is no limitation on the type of media -- such as print, crayon, felt pen, etc. -- used on the
poster design; however, wood, plastic, glass or metal should not be part of the poster. Collage
materials should not be used. Glued on pieces will eliminate the poster.
· Poster designs may not incorporate any copyrighted characters (i.e., comic and/or television
characters), photographs, and magazine or newspaper illustrations.
Every poster and slogan must use the 2014 poster contest theme: TBA
(Contestants must illustrate above theme only, and the theme must be exactly as shown above and must be included on the poster.)
Drawings must be original, correct in safety concept and the exclusive work of the student entering the contest in idea, design and execution. All artwork should be positive in approach, demonstrating only proper school bus safety behaviors. At least a part of a yellow school bus must be present in the poster.
Lettering & Drawing:
The poster design may incorporate freehand drawn letters only. Stenciled, pre-printed, manufactured stick-on or press-on letters or tracings may not be used and will disqualify the poster. Lettering should be clearly legible, even if used as part of the poster design.
Posters must be received by Ms. Cunningham by Sept. 2014 TBA
Also see Ms. Cunningham if you need a copy of the entry form.
3. 19th Annual Cray-Pas Wonderful
Colorful World Contest
3 winners in each age category will be selected to win a savings bond for $200, $100 or $50 AND an award certificate, art supplies, and gift certificate, your design on a Tote Bag, and your artwork on a web site.
must use oil pastels, and artwork must be no smaller than
Contest deadline: All entries must be mailed to Sakura no later than
December 2014 (Date TBA).
4. Plains, Peanuts, and a President
Work should only be done by the student, and previous winners are posted at www.jimmycarter.info
Winners per grade level will be presented a certificate by President Carter on September 25th. Entries will not be returned.
1. Student work must be on a white UNruled index card or heavy paper.
2. The card must have at least one peanut and something about Plains or President Carter.
3. You must put your name, grade level, art teacher’s name, school address and phone number on the
back of your card.
Back of Card:
Your Name, Grade,
Ms. Cunningham, Brookwood Elementary,
1330 Hollybrook Rd., Snellville, GA 30078
Please see Ms. Cunningham for official rules, entry forms and guidelines if you are interested.